Sunday 4 November 2012

We are saints


Dear all,

I wish to share with you my thoughts on the good news that we are God’s saints.

It is written in 1 Peter 2:9 “ But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”

Isn’t it wonderful to know that we are God’s royal priesthood ( Saints). Praise God!!

It is great to know this, but I recall some thoughts I had before I said Yes.

Do I want to be His saint?

Do I know what I am saying “ Yes” to when I accept this gift of being “ His People”

To be honest with you, I said “Yes” without really knowing what I was getting into.

We have a very intelligent God who knows everything about us. Infact He knows us better than we do of ourselves.

I believe, when I gave myself to Him on September 18th 2009, He took me on my word and God grabbed hold of me and refused to let me go.

I thought things in my life would improve, my home situation would change, my financial situation would change, and I would become this successful individual when I said “Yes”. Saying yes to Matt 6:33 “ Seek ye the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness and all things shall be added onto you.”

Why do I say God grabbed hold of me?

He knew better than me, what I have brought myself against. He knew, now all the devils will comeout from their hiding places to discourage me. He knew, they will toment me with more problems than I can handle. He knew if I worked on my own strength I would let go of His hand. So He held my hand tightly and never let me go.

So the journey, in making me a saint began.

You know what I have discovered about God? God will not allow me to take back what I have given Him.

Just like Him. He gives us so many gifts and He never takes it back.

I gave him my heart, in one of my spiritual high moments at the conference in 2009, and even told Him, I have a useless heart and I want to exchange it for His pure Heart.

So what did He do? He gave me His Heart.

This was when the war started. Here I am with my old sick heart wrestling with a pure heart of God in me.

Hebrew 13:5-6 says “ Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said , “ I will never leave you nor forsake you” and v6 encourages us to boldly say “ the Lord is my Helper; I will not fear. What can man do”

I realized that if I wanted to live the life He has promised me, I need to put to death all my old carnal attitudes, behaviors, reasoning's that had led me to where I was then.

I realized when I started putting the thinking cap of Jesus, the journey was not smooth at all. It was a real bumpy ride. The journey was a very painful one.

But with God’s strength I was determined to press on. Phil 3: 10 Paul says “ that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death”

What does this scripture mean to me?

Like Jesus I needed to suffer the pain when I deny the cravings of the flesh ( just not reacting or responding to anything that I thought was unfair).

In fellowship of His suffering (which is my suffering He took on the cross) I could offer it for His greater glory in making all things to come together for good.

What is that good?

To live the life He has called me to.

And for the conversion of my loved ones who still do not know who Jesus is.

And for my loved ones who know who Jesus is and are struggling just like me.

Being conformed to His Death, has become a true revelation in my life, everytime, I choose to put to death the flesh and its deceptive cravings to be acknowledged. To put to death the me, me, me, that constantly wants, wants, wants continuously to make the me, me, me, happy, loved, comforted, pitied, wanted, respected, noticed, recognized and to be provided.

I realized when I continuously kept my eyes on His death, and nailed every pain and sorrow and disappointments, every frustration on the cross, I could rise above all my pain and truly experience the power of His resurrection.

I received freedom. Everytime I said No to the flesh a little part of me died. My spiritman grew stronger.

Everytime I stop feeding the flesh, I grew in the spirit.

Now that I know by the grace of God, which He has so cleverly got me to embrace, His standard, in living the life in the spirit, I can now, boldly declare that indeed I am His saint.

As His saint, I have set my mind on things above, and not on things on the earth. Why do I say that? Read chapter 3 of colossians and you will discover how Paul has taught us to live a life in the spirit and put to death all idolatry and walk the love walk by keeping our mouth free from speaking in anger, wrath, malice and filthy language.

Even though there are many times I have fallen into my old ways, I know my God has pulled me out of the pit, and set me on the right track only stronger. As I said before, His hands never let me go.

How blessed I am to have such a merciful, loving God who never gets tired of me.

I believe, now that I have decided to walk the love walk even more deligently then I first started, my God will reward me in His time for He is a God who rewards those who diligently seek Him.

Therefore I will claim His promise for Abraham in Heb 6:14-15 “ Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained his promise.”

I wish to bless you on this beautiful day of ALL SAINTS DAY and it is my prayer that you will set your heart on Him and seek Him diligently all the days of your life.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment