Sunday 4 November 2012

The scales have dropped


Today I would like to share with you one of my favourite scriptures that I have so often confessed and meditated upon.

Galatians 2:20 “ I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but 
Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

When I first came across this scripture I believed it without understanding 
what it really meant. Gradually the Word was taking root in my heart.

I began to understand, that to claim Christ lives in me, I needed to put to death 
everything that was offending God.

At first I thought I didn’t really offend God. I thought I was very good.


In fact I thought it is the other “ people” who are always in the wrong.


Gradually the scales from my eyes started dropping little by little, only to 
reveal that I have offended God. This is what He showed me.

God showed me that I had anger in me. I had bitterness in my heart. I never 
tried to forget what hurts, people have caused me. I had unforgiveness in me. I had resentment. I was judgemental.( used my measurement of right and wrong). I took offence to what people did to me and reacted indifferently. My reactions were all based on their past record of bad behaviour.

All my life I wanted to please God, without knowing that I had so much of 
garbage inside me that was hindering God to work in me.

How I must have grieved the Holy spirit all that time.


It is written very clearly in Ephesians 4:29 “ Let no corrupt word proceed out 
of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers”

How often when we are hurt, we keep talking and talking and talking endlessly 
to everyone to receive some sort of justification for our broken heart.

We use our mouth to poison another to clear our “good” name.


What happens when we do that?


A broken heart, is a sad heart that does not forgive and becomes angry 
and bitter, thus leading itself to resentment. Then it becomes suspicious of everything, that the other person does. I realised, this is the trap that Satan has laid for us, to create in us a negative stronghold.

This is what I have discovered. Satan traps us by making us take offence, 
whenever things don’t go our way. We think it is because we are so good, and this or that should not have happened to us. But, what really makes us take offence. PRIDE

Pride derives from our self-centredness. We secretly think we are better than 
others, and we cannot be made to feel small in any situation.

Guess who is the Father of Pride. Lucifer fell because of pride. He wanted to be 
like God and he thought he knew more than God.

What a dangerous line to thread on.


Ephesians 4:30 “ And do not grieve the Holy spirit of God, by whom you were 
sealed for the day of redemption.”

How many times I must have grieved the Holy spirit during all those years. My body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit. I realised I was no different to the 
pharisees who Jesus had accused, for desecrating His Father’s House. God forgive me.

Ephesians 4:31-32 “ Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamour, and evil speaking 
be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.”

I have made a decision not to hurt the Holy spirit. When I made this decision in 
2009, I was set free and God saved me and He had put His smile on my face.

The Holy Spirit became my partner in my Love Walk. I now know in my heart 
that as I mature into the likeness of Christ in my love walk , everyday , I have by His grace brought a smile on Jesus face.

Everyday with confidence in the free gift of Faith I have received and by the 
grace of God I can now boldly declare and claim 2 Corinthians 3:18 “ But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image (likeness of Christ) from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord"                                                                                                                                                                             

What a wonderful, merciful, loving God we have. He knows we cannot be 
anything like Him, so He gave us His spirit to live in our body (unclean temple) to be made worthy and acceptable to the Father.

Thank you Jesus for counting us worthy to receive your love in our hearts.

I pray that all of us become “Christ in us” so that Jesus can so proudly present 
us as His unblemished bride to his Father, saying “ Father it was worth shedding every drop of my blood for these little ones”

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment