Thursday 22 November 2012

God's Goodness shall follow me....

21st November 2012

Dear All,

I would like to share with you one of my favourite  scripture.

Psalm 23:6 "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

What an inspiring Word of God, that has taken root in the very depth of my heart. What, assurance of His goodness that will follow (track) me down and overtake me.

That is the power of God's love. He loves me so much, that He will never let me go. His love, not only forgives my every sin but also forgets it .

 Instead He says He will look for me ( the lost sheep) who was once in his fold and went astray, and gather me in His house to dwell forever.

Wow! What an amazing God we have. 

Many years ago, my husband and I used Psalm 23 to pray our family prayers. I use to say the psalm without having an understanding of what it meant. 

Yet God used our little commitment to our prayer to mold us into the sheep that can now, hear the master's voice. 

His Word is alive and it will take root in our lives at the right time, for His Word will never go void. Only now I have began to understand the real meaning of this truth.

Our God is a good God. He stands on His Word. When we confess His Word, His Word must become alive in our life.

Just like the centurion who understood this principal in Matthew 8:8 " Lord I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed." Jesus had marveled at his understanding.

We may wonder, why, we do not see the fullness of His Word in our lives. The Key reason is BELIEVE. Just like the centurion.

When we confess with our mouth, it is only an action of the body. 

The body needs to listen to the Spirit of Jesus (new creation) in us  and BELIEVE in our heart by the supernatural faith that His goodness will follow me. 

 When we exercise this truth by faith ,  immediately the invincible supernatural goodness of God is released in our life.

2 Corinthians 4: 18 " While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 

It is written in 2 Corinthians 5:7 " For we walk by faith, not by sight."

I took nearly 35 years to comprehend this truth. Why do I say that? 

I thought, when I said with faith, I will receive what I confessed.

 The truth is, there is a devil, that comes to rob and steal our blood bought right to His goodness. How does he do that? The battle is in our mind.

Our first thought is God's goodness (promises).

 Our second thought is controlled by our circumstances. The devil uses our circumstances.

Our present circumstances will tell, we are not enjoying God's goodness and nothing seems to be working out and thus, rob our believe in God. Some examples:

1) financial lack (going from pay check to pay check)
2) family relationship issues
3) problems at work 
4) Personal desires not met
5) problems in our ministry
6) sickness

Jesus knew we, on our own effort, will not be able to enjoy His goodness that He promised.

Therefore He has given us a rescue plan. What is that? He made me think this way.

Circumstances are only facts, that can change. TRUTH cannot change. 

What is that TRUTH?

Jesus has taken all my sorrows, pain, lack, stress, hurts, torments, sickness, and all my sins on himself 2000 years ago. His BLOOD has overcome every battle.

He has won every battle, I have to face, here on earth.  He laid His life for me as it is written in  John 10:11, " I am the good Shepherd; the good Shepherd giveth His life for the sheep."

Who is His "sheep."  I am His sheep (a believer) who is a sinner and was lost.

This is what He has revealed to me. When Jesus died on the cross, He redeemed me by His blood into a life that is manifested in His glory here on earth. What is that life?

John10:10 " I have come they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."

For poverty ( spiritual and temporal) He has given me riches here on earth and heaven.
For sickness He has given me health. He has given me His Love that can cast out all fear.

In psalm 23 : 1-3 " The lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters; He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake"

When I believe and confess this scripture everyday,  I realise that Jesus actually gives me rest. Let me explain.

When I believe that Jesus has won every difficult situation (2000 years ago) in my life and speak His word over the problem, I receive His supernatural peace that surpasses all understanding. I am set free from anxiety  and fear.

The next thought I receive from the Holy Spirit is that my problem is already solved by Jesus and I look forward to seeing the unfolding of this truth with expectations. Hence " He restores my soul" is fulfilled. I now have the mind of Christ.

It is this continuous decreeing of His word on my life  that defeats the devil from planting the second thought that is negative. 

It is this continuous confessing of His Word that " leads me in the paths of righteousness for His glory"

It is in this continuous confessing of His Word, His righteousness that leads me to obedience  to walk in humility and wait for the acceptable time.

It is in this continuous confessing of His Word, in faith that leads me to hope to see the goodness of God in my life.

It is this continuous confessing of His Word in faith and hope that makes me rise above my current circumstances by refusing to be controlled by what I see and experience and believe that, He supplies my every need (phil 4:19) and there is no want.

It is this continuous confessing in faith and hope, that leads me to visualise the invincible (unseen) and do the impossible through His Wisdom. 

Finally it is this continuous confessing in faith and  hope that leads me to my rest.

It is when I am resting in His goodness, I will remember, I have stopped struggling and started claiming with the power of the Holy Spirit, His promises as if I have received. As it is written in Ezekiel, calling those things that are not as if they are.

It is when I am resting, I will recall how my Shepherd picked me up and walked me through the many difficult trials and tribulations, nursing my wounded soul.

As He walked, carrying me close to His bosom, I recall how safe He made me feel. His Love was sufficient for me. He filled my heart with joy. His love is my oil of gladness that overflows.

It is when I am resting in Him, I now see His goodness ( His Blessings) and Mercy ( His long suffering and forgiveness) following me, as a loving Father, everyday never leaving my sight.

In my resting place I see a tender loving God who has taken a personal interest to correct every wrong thing in my life by hearkening His angels to set me on a platform for success for my life. 

Psalm 103:20 " Bless the Lord, you His angels, Who excel in strength, who do His Word, heeding the voice of His Word."

Like the shepherd who pulls out the lost sheep caught in a thorny bush and lay in a safe place.

Now that I have tasted His goodness, I will boldly confess " I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever and ever" for He is my resting place. 

With gratitude in my heart, for not giving up on me, I want to Praise my Father in Heaven with this Psalm 103

     "Bless the Lord, O my soul;
       And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
       Bless the Lord, O my soul,
       And forget not all His benefits;
       Who forgives all your iniquities,
       Who heals all your diseases,
       Who redeems your life from destruction,
       Who crowns you with loving kindness and 
        tender mercies "
            

God Bless 









































1 comment:

  1. Amma, this is so beautiful. My spirit wanted more after Fr. Matther's first session, and this is what I needed to seal what happen in the morning. Amen, Amen. TQ for inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete